Single Work at Home Mom

Life as a single work at home mom

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Tears from Heaven

The other morning I was driving Andrew to school and it happened to be raining. Andrew looks at me and says, "Mom, you know that it's not really rain...it's tears."

Well, I know people often refer to rain as God's tears or tears from Heaven, so thinking he had heard that somewhere I asked, "Oh, yeah?"

"Guess who's tears they are," he said.

"God's?" I asked.

"No."

"Jesus?"

"No," he said again.

"Well, who's are they then?"

"Papa's," he said very matter of factly.

My dad, his grandpa aka Papa, passed away in May of 2005. My son was very close to him and has had a hard time adjusting to the loss.

So, trying to not tear up, I said, "Well, why is Papa crying?"

"Because he misses me," he said without any doubt in his voice.

Usually when he talks about my dad, he gets very quiet and talks with a sad voice. This time he was very matter of fact...very sure of himself.

I dropped him off at school and then bawled like a baby all the way to work. It's a miracle I even made it there, I couldn't even see. :)

I've always loved the rain. Now I'll forever love it more. Every time it rains, I'll think of my dad and believe he's crying because he misses us and looking forward to the day we are all together again. Today, it's been 11 months since he went to be with Jesus.

Be sure and let your family know how much you love them and need them. You never know when it will be too late to tell them.

Blessings,
Shannon

3 Comments:

  • At 6:25 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Hi Shannon, I just wanted to say Hi. I hope all is well with you.

    Michelle

     
  • At 4:13 AM , Blogger Amber said...

    I so was not prepared to read this. Its 6 AM and I'm sitting here practically bawling as I try to get Tae ready for school. I miss Daddy so much! I love you Shannon and miss you too!

     
  • At 8:37 AM , Blogger Shannon said...

    Sorry hon. If it helps, I bawled while getting Andrew ready for school after reading your comment. Love you and miss you, too!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home