Single Work at Home Mom

Life as a single work at home mom

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Eureka - The Optima Lightweight Upright

You might have seen my post a few days ago about trying to win a Dyson vacuum cleaner. Well, I technically entered a day late. As far as I can tell, they haven't announced a winner yet. I've been in serious need of a vacuum cleaner for like 4 months. I bought one for $10 at the thrift store, but it does not work very well. In fact, only the hose works to any degree at all, but that is a killer on my already bad back to try to vacuum my entire apartment bending over using the hose.

I got a notice on Thursday that the apartment management is coming in on Monday to change the filters in the ac/heater as well as the batteries in the smoke detectors. So, even though I didn't really have the extra money to spend, I went to Big Lots the other night to see what they had. I don't want management coming in on Monday and seeing my apartment in the shape it's in. Between client deadlines and being sick, my cleaning has greatly suffered and you can tell.

I found a vacuum at Big Lots for $40 called The Optima Lightweight Upright by Eureka. It's a bagless and has a filter that is supposedly better for allergies and such. Andrew and I both have allergies, and I figured I wasn't going to find much cheaper than $40 other than at the thrift store.

Hopefully I'll get the place looking decent. I'm on a deadline right now, so I'll probably end up having to do most of it Sunday. I took before pictures. If I can convince myself to not be embarrassed by them, I'll post them with after shots when I'm done. LOL

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home