Single Work at Home Mom

Life as a single work at home mom

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Corn & Poop: What Do They Have in Common?

Disclaimer: I realize the headline is a little gross. My sister (who is the queen of too much info) thought it was too gross to use, but I figure sometimes being a parent means dealing with gross. Here's to hoping you don't thinks it's too gross to follow me anymore. :)

I try to ask Andrew what he wants for dinner each night. I like to make him feel involved with the process. So tonight I told him I had thawed out some hamburger meat and what did he want that could be mad with hamburger.

He loves sloppy joes so he asked if we could have that. I happen to not like sloppy joes that much, but that's what he wanted so I made it. And of course, I ate one anyway to show it's ok to eat something we may not like that much once in a while. :)

Anyway, during the course of dinner conversation, I did learn something interesting. I had made corn to go with them, but Andrew doesn't like corn. I told him to eat just one bite, then he could give the rest to Sassy, our dog.

Andrew says, "Yeah, because dogs will even eat poop, huh?"

After I finally stopped choking on my sloppy joe, I asked him if he was equating eating corn with eating poop. He said no, but what other conclusion could I have come to with the question?

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 6:02 PM , Blogger Stefani @ MommyEnterprises.com said...

    Too funny!

     
  • At 6:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Andrew is in good company. With 3 boys, I've had to outlaw any discussion about poop, turds, farts, butts and anything else from down south at the table. LOL

     
  • At 10:25 AM , Blogger Shannon said...

    Ha! I just never realized how much he truly disliked corn. After this conversation, I may not even buy it anymore. LOL

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home